This position has now been filled. Thank you to all interested applicants!
We are looking for a part-time Art Gallery Sales Associate to join our team!
Spirits of the West Coast Art Gallery is a family-owned business situated in the Comox Valley for over 15 years that curates and sells Pacific Northwest Coast Indigenous art and jewelry. We represent over 100 Northwest Coast artists and work together with a variety of local mentors and professionals that share our passion and love for Northwest Coast First Nation cultures, art, and artists.
Our mission is to promote Pacific Northwest Coast Indigenous artists, artwork, and cultures worldwide, as well as educate, inspire, and provide excellent value and service.
Spirits of the West Coast Art Gallery is seeking a part-time Art Gallery Sales Associate to join our dynamic and growing business in one of the most beautiful communities in coastal British Columbia--the Comox Valley.
The talented professional we are looking for will be organized, self-motivated and have a passion for people, arts, and culture. You will be working as part of a small team in close cooperation with the owners, in a calm, climatized and beautiful gallery environment, surrounded by inspiring art and jewelry.
Your main responsibilities will be the day-to-day art gallery operations, with a focus on providing excellent service to our local, national, and international customers.
Qualiﬁed candidates should be enthusiastic about the arts and have a degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in business, tourism, retail sales, and customer service.
We offer competitive wages, flexibility, and an exciting and entrepreneurial environment. We welcome and respect the diversity of all members of our community, and we support an inclusive culture for our visitors, customers, and employees.
We are looking for a candidate with the following strengths, experiences, and interests:
- Interest in Northwest Coast Indigenous arts and cultures
- Sales, client care, and customer service expertise
- Active listening skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in Online Sales, SEO, Social Media, and Email Marketing
- Experience with Microsoft Ofﬁce preferred
- Experience with Photoshop is an asset, but not required
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter with the subject line "Art Gallery Sales Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will take place until the role is ﬁlled. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: TBD
Job Types: Part-Time, 2 days per week for 7-hour shifts
Salary: $16.50 - $20.00 per hour based on experience
- Day shift
- Consistent weekly schedule, but with flexibility
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Retail sales or customer service: 2 years (required)
- To keep you safe, we have implemented WorkSafeBC COVID-19 safety protocols.