Six Indigenous writers to watch
Since 1996, Neational Aboriginal Day has celebrated the unique heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples in Canada.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of National Aboriginal Day, the CBC asked established Canadian authors to tell us about one or two up-and-coming Indigenous writers they think have a bright future.
1. Tracey Lindberg recommends Billy Ray Belcourt and Naomi Sayers
2. Richard Van Camp recommends Jessie MacKenzie
3. Louise Bernice Halfe recommends Zondra Roy
4. Daniel Heath Justice and Leanne Simpson recommend Gwen Benaway
5. Lee Maracle recommends Cherie Dimaline
Read more here: http://goo.gl/J0Hn3j