Small Acts, Big Impacts Food Bank Fundraiser
Comox Valley Food Bank Drive
September 9th to December 30th, 2023
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is every wasted.” - Aesop
DOUBLE YOUR DONATION and WIN! Spirits of the West Coast Art Gallery pledges to match donations to the Comox Valley Food Bank up to a total value of $5,000. PLUS, one lucky donor will win a Gift Bag valued at over $250.00.
Food prices are rising, along with other costs of living. For lower income households, inflation has led to food insecurity and concerns about being able to afford and access quality food. Many Food Banks across Canada are reporting more families reaching out for their services, many who are working full time and struggling to manage with the increased prices.
Additionally, as a result of wildfires in many areas of the country this summer, families have been displaced from their homes, creating a greater demand on community services like Food Banks to support them through these trying times. While repairing the root causes of food insecurity is not an easy or quick fix, we each have a role we can play in supporting low income households during these trying times – by giving what you can.
We invite you to take part in our “Small Acts, Big Impacts” Food Bank Drive & Fundraiser to collect monetary donations, non-perishable foods, and essential items to assist families and children in our community. From now until Dec 30th 2023 we invite you to come by Spirits of the West Coast Art Gallery and bring your donations to support our local Comox Valley Food Bank. The need is great, and no donation is too small!
In addition to supporting your local community, each contributor will be entered into a draw for a Gift Bag valued at over $250.00, made up of Northwest Coast Indigenous gifts and jewelry. We will draw one lucky winner on Tuesday January 2nd 2024.
Payment options (monetary donations allow the Food Bank to buy healthy fresh food):
- Donations in-gallery: We accept cash, cheque, debit, or e-transfer to email@example.com. If sending an e-transfer please add a notation of “Comox Valley Food Bank” along with your name and phone number to be entered into our draw.
- Donate directly to the Comox Valley Food Bank and receive a Donation Receipt: You can donate directly to the Comox Valley Food Bank via e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a notation of “Spirits of the West Coast” as well as your name and address for receipt mailing, or by phone at 250-338-0615 and pay via credit card and mention that it is for the Spirits of the West Coast Donations/Fundraiser Drive. Please bring your receipt into the gallery or contact us, so that we can sign you up for the gift bag draw.
Suggested Non-Perishable Donations include:
- Dried foods: Beans, Rice, Pasta, Grains, Cereal, Tea, Coffee, and Gluten Free Items
- Canned/Jarred: Fish, Meat, Fruit, Vegetables, Pasta Sauces, Beans, Jams, Nut Butters, Condiments, Soups, Baby Food and Formula
- Nutritional Snacks for Children’s Lunches: Sugar Free Juices, Milk Alternatives, fruit and granola bars
- Household Toiletries/Cleaning: Laundry Soap, Dish Soap, Toilet Paper, Sanitary Products, and Diapers
Thank you for generously supporting local families and our local Food Bank!
Spirits of the West Coast Art Gallery is open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 5pm at 2926 Back Road, between East Courtenay and Comox. This Fundraiser runs in conjunction with our latest exhibition and sale T'łalis – Pushing Boundaries featuring Kwakiutl artist Trevor Hunt.