We are pleased to confirm that the gallery is open to the public for regular business hours (Mon – Sat from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm).
As of August 25th 2021 masks are mandatory for all visitors to the gallery.
Following the guidelines of WorkSafeBC, we have developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan and introduced changes that will help to keep you, our visitors and our staff safe. These include physical screens at our sales counter, sanitizer dispenser stations, contactless payment, available disposable non-medical masks for anyone that would like one free of charge, as well as an enhanced sanitization and cleaning regime.
We have also reduced our occupancy limit for visitors, to four individuals or one family group at a time, so that physical distancing is easy to implement. Appropriate covered seating is also now available outside, should we have to ask visitors to wait until the occupancy limit allows for their entry.
With these measures in place, we are confident that we are in a position to keep you, our visitors and employees safe and provide an enjoyable and inspiring experience. The last three days have shown us that visitors respect and appreciate the implemented protocols.
We have missed everyone and are excited to see you in-person!
Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you have any questions or concerns.
COVID-19 Protocol for Spirits of the West Coast Art Gallery
- All employees are asked to stay home if:
- They are sick, or if they have had contact with an infected person.
- They had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
- Directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
- They have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case and must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor themselves for symptoms.
- Employees are required to do the following:
- To wash their hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer, especially when they come to work after ending their workday.
- Avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth.
- To cover their cough and sneeze with a tissue or into their arm, not their hand.
- To inform the owners immediately, if any customer service issues, health issues, confrontations or any other problems occur.
- If more than one employee is in the gallery, they will stay physically distanced as much as possible. If not possible, a mask must be worn.
- Sneeze guards are installed at the main counter and in between the two work desks. Employees are supplied with masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and a designated face shield for one-on-one customer service situations, where physical distancing is difficult. Sanitizers are placed by the door and counter. Soap, water, as well as paper towels are supplied in washroom.
- If customers enter the gallery, we ask them to please sanitize their hands. If they do not want to, we ask them to ask for help if they would like to see something and not touch anything in the gallery.
- A maximum of four customers, or one bubble of 4 or more people that belong together are allowed to enter the gallery at the same time. We have established an overflow waiting area in front of the galley and a sign that contains the necessary information.
- If they do not have a face mask, we will ask them if they would like a disposable non-medical face mask. As of August 25th, 2021, masks are required. If visitors do not comply, we are not allowed to let them into the gallery.
- We will ask if we can help in any way? If not, we ask them to notify us if they would like to have a look at anything and to please keep physically distanced to anyone in the gallery.
- If they would like to look at or try on jewellery, we will disinfect the items after they have left.
- Staff will also wipe down and disinfect keyboards, telephones, and other frequently touched surfaces as and when required and empty wastebaskets regularly.
- Special attention will be paid to clean and sanitize the washroom (door handles, seat, rim and lid, flush levers, grab bars, faucets, soap dispenser, paper towel dispenser, light and fan switches and the air freshener) after each user/family.